WHAT DO YOU THINK?
IS THE OBSESSION OF COLLECTING POSTCARDS &/OR POSTAL HISTORY INCREASING OR DECREASING?
“OR” – THE MEANDERINGS OF A “LEGISLATIVE CRITIC?”…
Here is “MJR’S” take on “This One”.
When MJR incorporated in1984 (as a part time dealer), just about every collector was older than I was. In fact, if you are familiar with the Canadian political scene previous to 1984 some of prominent political figures were much older than me as well!
Disclaimer: I Do Not Know What I’m Talking About - so my comments are strictly bullshit. Additionally, these meandering comments have nothing to do with the above mentioned question. Later - much later, I’ll be more focused on the question.
- Well, Johnny D., with a tube of “a little dab’ll do ya”, - simply rub the dab in your hair! Greasy, kinky I’m thinking…. Johnny D. put the “boots” to the AVRO Arrow and Jetliner then focused on building Canadian military aircraft. I guess, what I’m saying is Canada was about to have the leading edge on owning the fastest aircraft on the planet! (MJR’s AVRO Jet liner RPPC sold for $45.00.)… Did anyone know that Johnny D. was a stamp collector?
- Subsequently, Peter T. was hallucinating most of the time – considerably before cannabis was legalized “and” P.T. “never” bought a Rolling Stones’ Album! Oh! I wonder why?
- Alas, Johnny T. didn’t have enough time to say much. In fact perhaps this was a strength that J.T. had. Others, before and after him, gave lengthy speeches, interviews etc. with the same result as J.T. After listening for over two hours to the other leaders, the conclusion was that they - “didn’t say much”!
- And Lester B. had the administrative FED staff working on a “top secret” project -- “Development of an international airport in Toronto or Dewberry, Saskatchewan.“ Rumours had it, the majority vote was in favour of Dewberry, SK. But after counting the mail-in votes (express post from Mars), under intense security, the majority vote was over turned.Lester B. viewed it as Nobel gesture and was at Peace with the sur-Prize decision.
- *Then Joey C., a Western Canadian kid, reached the highest political peak (even higher than the Canadian Rockies) but Frank(ly) - the slide down was quick and dirty.
- *Lastly, Brian M., a slick lawyer, responded to question after question, under oath - “well, he didn’t ask me that!”
So enough of the political interference.
Next Week, I’ll just – “answer the question”!
ARE THE COLLECTORS OF POSTCARDS & POSTAL HISTORY INCREASING OR DECREASING?